Friday 4 February 2011

The Artist's Way ~ Week 1 ~ Recovering a sense of safety

I am currently working through this book for the second time and I am really enjoying it.  I am doing my morning pages and I am going to go on an artist's date, although I am not sure where I am going to go yet or what I am going to do....

One of my favourite places to visit is the Iron Age Hillfort in the next village over from me.  It is always a place of inspiration, of filling the well.  It is one of those places that broods silently and that feeling stays with you for sometime after you leave.  I love to walk around the undulating ramparts and think of times long gone and of all the many things that must have taken place here over the years....



I love to take photos here and then sit and remember later over a cup of tea and chocolate, which is pretty much my favourite thing in the whole world...

I love it here because to me there are echos of the ancestors and they don't seem to mind me dwelling silently for a while in their company....  To me this is something of a healing ritual,  albeit never an easy one.

I love this time of year, the feeling of the new season about to burst into all its tightly held potential... It almost feels like a gently held in breath, a tension or maybe a suspension in time before we move to the equinox and the light takes over from the darkness of the winter months.

Blessings of Imbolc...

No comments:

Post a Comment